Working in the oil and gas industry offers plenty of tax
benefits if you know how to take advantage of them. If you’re an
offshore employee working on rigs or installations and is paying UK
tax, there are ways that you can claim a 100% refund. But you have
to meet certain conditions and comply with different
What are the factors that will affect my eligibility for a full
UK tax relief?
- The relevant double taxation agreement between UK and your
- Your residence or country of origin
- The place of residence of your employer
- Where the rig or installation is located, whether it is in the
UK or non-UK sectors of the North Sea
- The length of time you spent on the rig annually, preferably
under 183 days per tax year
How do I claim oil and gas tax refund?
- You need to complete a self assessment tax return, especially
when relief is under the relevant double taxation agreement between
the UK and your country of residence.
- Send the completed tax forms to the UK tax office along with
relevant pages, such as employment pages, HS304, non residence
pages, etc. You also need to present other documents, such as the
P45 or P60 vouchers given to you by your employer.
- Make sure you avoid any mistakes in completing the tax forms to
prevent delays in your tax refund.
Because oil and gas income tax is complicated, it is best to
seek help from tax experts, especially in determining the tax form
needed for your particular circumstances, and how to avoid any
mistakes in filing a claim.
Don’t lost out on your tax refund! Contact email@example.com
to get what you’re owed.