Tax Refunds for Offshore Oil & Gas Workers – TaxBack

from the blog.

Tax Refunds for Offshore Oil & Gas Workers

Gas & Oil

Tax Advice For Offshore Workers

If you are an offshore worker, you may be eligible for a tax
refund. You just need to know how and where a refund is

As an employee working offshore, you can claim back tax on the

  • Travel expenses that HMRC designates as ‘temporary workplaces’.
    This must be claimed under 24 months.
  • Offshore travel expenses, which cover the kind of
    transportation you use to and from your platform, whether you
    drive, ride a public transport or fly to your destination.
    Even the amount you pay for the taxi fare from your hotel to the
    heliport is due a tax rebate.
  • Offshore hotel bills in the event that you need to rent
    accommodation the night before flying to your offshore

How To Claim Back Expenses As An Offshore Worker

On top of these, there other expenses that you can claim back
tax, especially if you pay them out of pocket.

But you must keep receipts and records of all expenses,
especially because the cost can vary. Hotel bills, in particular,
are rarely the same, even if you stay in the same property. Lack of
official documents and record will make getting a tax refund bleak.
You can claim a tax refund for the last 4 years. As long as you
file a claim before the term limit, you could get overpaid tax

How much off a tax refund can you expect?

The average amount is anywhere between £600 and £700 per year.
So imagine how much you will receive for a 4-year tax refund. You
will be able to fund a family holiday or even make a down payment
for a new car.

Related Posts

Are We Really in a Housing Market ‘boom’?

The challenges of 2020 have shone a spotlight on the nation’s home life in a way that few could have predicted and a seemingly resilient factor in the ongoing fear and uncertainty wrought by the Covid-19 pandemic has been the...

Greater Employment Opportunities by Spending Your Tax Refund Wisely

If you’ve been living in the UK and owed a tax rebate, you could use it to extend your skills and become a dream employee. Spending Your Tax Refund Wisely will mean more cash back in your pocket at the...

Covid-19: Income Support for Self-Employed Launches

Covid-19 is not only a health crisis for self-employed launches but also a pressing employment crisis. The HMRC has begun to contact over 3 million taxpayers who could be qualifying for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) of the government...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »